“And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” - Matthew 6:7-13
Today, we will pray the way Jesus told us to pray, the Lord’s Prayer. We won’t babble on and on, repeat a “mantra” or try to impress God with our many words. We will pray WHAT He told us, HOW He told us.
Take 15 minutes and pray through the Lord’s Prayer. You can pray through each step and it might go something like this:
- Acknowledge Him as your Father
- Bless, honor and adore His Holy Name(s)
- Pray for His Kingdom to COME
- Pray for His Will to be DONE
- Ask Him to grant you forgiveness for your sins
- Forgive those you have sinned against you
- Ask to be delivered from temptation
- Ask for deliverance from the enemy and all his schemes
- Honor and bless Him as all powerful and in control!
Felt good, didn’t it? Tell us how that compares to your normal prayers in the comments.