Monday, March 4, 2013

DAY 4: Speak PEACE!


“Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. And when you go into a household, greet it. If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you.” - Matthew 10:11-13 

Today, you are going to SPEAK PEACE to everyone you meet! We’re jumping ahead here a bit, but I think it’s appropriate given Pastor Marc’s message @ NorthGate yesterday.

The Hebrew greeting “Shalom!” literally means, PEACE! Jesus told His disciples to say “Shalom to this house!” to every home they entered. In a day where the 24 hour news cycle streams anxiety, dread and fear to us all day, every day, this will come as a wonderful greeting. 

“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.” - Luke 6:38 

Another huge benefit of doing this is that when you give your peace away, it comes back to you! How many of us need more peace?? I do! So, to everyone you meet and to every home and business you enter today, tell them “Peace to you!” 

Tell us how it went in the comments section.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't exactly say, 'PEACE to you!' but at CHik-FIl-A today I got to pray for a guy who just had a major surgery on his spine where they removed 4 or 5 of his discs or something crazy. he had a pretty gnarly incision with the staples still in. He was with his friends/family and was definitely encouraged that I stepped out to pray for him. Before I prayed for him I remember feeling a strong sense of peace and compassion towards him. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been greeting people today with, "Shalom!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contacted people I haven't in years and wished them peace one of the people was a neice in Naples Florida and a grandson in Dayton ohio I rarely get to see, I thought it would feel weird but it felt great to do this.

    ReplyDelete